The nominee must have understanding of the LLA Bylaws, Policies & Procedures and basic parliamentary procedure.
The nominee shall establish goals for her administration in accordance with the object of the Association and funds required to carry such activities to completion.
The president shall:
- Call a meeting of Executive Committee as soon as possible after election to determine place and time for board meetings.
- Preside at all meetings of the Association, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee.
- Set meeting agendas and review meeting minutes prior to following meeting.
- Carry out the following tasks:
- appoint all standing committee chairs;
- serve as ex-officio member of all committees, except the Nominating Committee and the Audit Committee;
- serve as the representative of the LLA on all occasions;
- fill all board and Nominating Committee vacancies with the approval of the Board of Directors;
- deliver the address at the Annual Meeting;
- upon retirement as President, serve as Chair of the Filing Committee (Article IX, Section 4)
- serve on the Board of Directors for as long as she is the immediate Past President;
- compile the Annual Reports of the Chairs and have them printed and distributed;
- appoint the Parliamentarian;
- keep an accurate record of expenses and submit reimbursement form in a timely manner to the Treasurer
- maintain a file of activities including copies of correspondence, reports to the Board of Directors;
- transmit recommendations that would be helpful to a successor within thirty days after her term of office ends;
- perform other duties applicable to the office as prescribed by the parliamentary authority adopted by the Association.
As she presides over the Board of Directors, the President must:
- Recognize all newly elected officers.
- Place the following on an agenda:
- approval of a yearly budget
- approval of a financial institution for the deposit of LLA funds
- Approve dates and places for future board meetings.
- Annual meeting
- agenda preparation
- issue a call to the meeting in the LLA newsletter.