Unless otherwise noted, the following committees are open to interested LLA members.
Budget & Finance
Meets with LLA Treasurer to prepare annual budget.
Building & Grounds
Provides maintenance, security and upgrades to LLA property.
- Audio/Visual – Provides a person to run audio/visual equipment at member and public events
- Decorations – Oversees the Permanent and temporary decorations within the LLA for member events, holidays, etc.
- Docents – Provides guided tours
- Garden – Maintains the gardens around the building and the parking lot.
- Vintage Library – Maintains the remaining books of the original lending library
Carries out revenue-generating programs and events open to LLA members and the community. Schedules hostesses to greet guests at the events.
Provides food and beverage service for member events and public rentals of the LLA building.
- Kitchen Cooks and Servers
- Linen Maintenance
- Table Setting
Marketing & Outreach
Oversees Marketing the LLA to the community; oversees both internal and external communications (E-News, quarterly print Newsletter, Facebook page, Instagram page and Website); oversees our outreach activities including Books for Babies, Seita Scholars and supporting RAWK.
Selects programs for member meetings based on areas of interest suggested by members. The committee chair is vice president of the Board.
Provides membership support. Helps sponsor and mentor new members. Maintains member database and manages annual member renewal process. Creates annual Yearbook and member directory.
Recruits slate of candidates for the biennial elections. Committee chair is appointed by the president. Two committee members are elected by the general membership.